All Saints’ Church, University Street, Belfast
seeks to appoint an:
(with special responsibility for evangelism)
All Saints’ Church (ASC) is an Anglican Evangelical Church in the heart of the exciting and cosmopolitan university district of Belfast, whose gospel reach is to the immediate area and beyond to the wider city, with a passion and concern to reach the whole world for Christ.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, godly and suitably qualified assistant minister (lay or ordained) to join our staff team presently comprising the Rector, a Children’s Ministry Project Leader and Parish Administrator and several Ministry Associates. The person appointed will be equipped and willing to train others in evangelism and to enable them to participate in the growth of the gospel of Christ.
This appointment will be for a three year period, in the first instance, with a possible extension up to five, by mutual agreement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preaching, teaching and leading
- As a senior member of the staff team, working closely with the Rector to develop and implement church-wide strategies of training and teaching
- Oversight of church-wide strategies for evangelism, including directing the church’s evangelistic ministry (e.g. through courses, 1-2-1 discipleship) and the continued development of a culture of personal evangelism (devising and implementing strategies, providing necessary teaching, training and mentoring)
- Enabling ministry opportunities amongst the various people groups represented in and around All Saints’ Church.
The successful applicant will be a committed Christian, a humble leader, warm, hardworking, strategic, patient, faithful to the apostolic Gospel and the authority of Scripture over both their doctrine and life and already demonstrably fruitful in a similar role.
Essential requirements include:
- An excellent Bible expositor, leader and teacher;
- High level of competence in Biblical and theological skills, with a minimum of formal theological education to the level of (at least) diploma;
- High level of competence in recruiting, training, and mobilisation of ministry leaders both volunteers and others;
- Proven track record of fruitful ministry amongst various people-groups;
- Ability to think strategically and fully implement programs.
Desirable criteria are:
- A full driving licence
- Competence in using various forms technology and media
Terms and conditions
This is a full-time post, for a suitably qualified and experienced individual (who is able to subscribe confessional Anglicanism).
Enquiries, a full job description, person specification and application form (with other details) are available on request to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 28 9031 4114.
Closing date for applications (and references): 4pm, Friday, 23rd June.